Friday 9 November 2012

Tower Ridge

Well we didn't even get out of the car...At the top car park it looked grim and would have involved alot of suffering.  I presented the options and with no hesitation Shaun and Ben jumped at the idea of indoor ice climbing, Latte, dry tooling, Americano, rope work, panini's, bouldering and testing out the routes for the dry tooling comp tomorrow!  So the next thing we knew, we were swinging our axes into steep ice, hanging on logs, placing on holds, leading with ice screws (on a top rope), getting incredibly pumped...and that was only the first 3 hours.  After leaving the Ice Wall and some lunch we went into the bouldering wall and I showed the guys what dry tooling was all about...and they loved it.  Being strong boulderers, they picked it up quickly and were power screaming and taking good lobs onto the mats!  ticked off some of the competition routes too.  After we all got pretty pumped we retreated to doing some rope work, belay building and other useful skills that he chaps have never done before.

On another note, I'm on holiday now, the Talisker is flowing and I will be back in two weeks.  Some sunny sport climbing is on the cards, hopefully more of this here.  I'm hoping its really wintery here whilst I'm gone so it builds a good base for December when I'm back and everyone gets lots of routes done!  Hope everyone gets out loads and makes me really jealous!

No comments: