Monday 24 June 2013

The Camel

Since I went to Pabbay and Mingulay there has been a slight lack of activity.  Unfortunately on my first day on the Islands I tore my intercostal muscles which affected the rest of the trip quite alot.  I still managed to climb but in a great deal of pain, masked with pain killers.  On return to the mainland I went to the phisio who confirmed what I had thought and gave me instructions to active rest and stretches.  Today I had enough of resting and headed to The Camel with Blair and Kenny with the intention of climbing but decided not to.  I pulled onto a few hold at the base of the crag and knew that I shouldn't be doing anything tricky.  With the easiest route at 6c+ I decided take photo's and went for a wee explore around the hill.  I was meant to be working all this week with John, which would of been fine, climbing upto E1 is still ok but climbing at my limit is out of the question for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately John had some work to be getting on with and couldn't make it.

No comments: