Wednesday 17 July 2013

Getting back to fitness

Since my trip to Pabbay and Mingulay back in June, I have been undergoing the frustrations of torn intercostal muscles.  Its such a annoying injury as it is very easy to aggravate them so my best remedy was to rest.  Finally I feel that my rest can be put to one side as today when I went climbing they didn't hurt.  Kenny and I drove East, again, to escape the rain in Fort William, again.  We went to the Camel, the brilliant conglomerate crag near Loch Ness.  I was feeling tired after 9 days on the go, on the back of a wedding but as conditions were so good I felt a burst of energy and psyche.  We both started off by climbing Stone of Destiny (6c+) which I was pleased to get, maybe I wasn't as weak as I thought.  Then I climbed Paralysis by Analysis (7a+) after a couple of goes so was pretty pleased with that too!  We finished off with going up Inverarnie Schwarzenegger (7a).  I onsighted this a year or so ago, but couldn't touch it today.  A good day none the less.

No comments: