Friday 12 July 2013

New routes on Skye

Today I had an unexpected day off as my clients cancelled last minute.  The weather was great and Mike had a project he wanted me to try.  He had tried it yesterday but wasn't able to fully commit so offered it to me.  I headed up to the crag early doors to meet Mike and Lucy, who had bivied up there, and they pointed out the line.  It looked great and I led both pitches giving a really nice E2 5c which I called Too Hard for the Old Man.  Mike was very sporting and didn't mind us using that title.  Also the the crag has a resemblance to a face which the route crosses through.  Unfortunately i didn't take any photos but Mike has a write up and photos (here).  We then went on to make the First Summer Ascent of Deliverance (VII,7), a route Mike and I did the First Winter Ascent last winter (Here).  Another excellent day on Skye, as always!

No comments: