Saturday 21 December 2013

Final day before Christmas

Today was my last days work before Christmas.  Unfortunately we were pounded with more winds and blizzards.  No summit today.  More skills for the group and some interesting steep ground.  Its been an interesting lead up to Christmas.  This time last year I had done 17 routes, one of which was a speedy Cuillin Ridge Winter Traverse, 2 new routes (here & here), 3 days climbing work (1, 2 & 3), 3 2nd ascents (here & here) and 8 other winter routes on Ben Nevis, Skye and Glencoe as well as a few days of non climbing work.  This year I have done two winter climbs.  One in the Cairngorms and one second ascent on Ben Nevis.  Its the way it goes in Scotland.  Sometimes its amazing and sometimes its just good...last year was amazing.  The main problem with this is that I haven't worked up an appetite for the upcoming Christmas feast that my family and I partake in.  I think this year I will have to take it easy on the pigs in blankets, force down more Brussel Sprouts and stay well clear of the chocolate coins.  Wish me luck!  I hope you all have a brilliant Christmas and get lots of climbing kit and clothing from Santa so you are well prepared for the winter season of 2014.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: