Friday 31 January 2014

Quick skiing hit to the Alps

Blue sky at last
I took a few days out and nipped out to the Alps for a few days Skiing at Avoriaz, the Portes du Soleil.  I went with my school buddy who I used to go snowboarding with all the time when we were at school. I have ditched my snowboard after 8 years on the board and now spent the last 2 years on ski's.  A very good choice I think.  Most importantly is I can go up hill with my ski'd, go fast on flats and be quick off the lifts.  Ok...i agree, maybe I dont make skiing look cool but im trying!  One day when I get better!  Just a wedding to go to this weekend then back to Scotland for some sustained days of work and climbing.  I am chomping at the bit to get my axes back out.  Well done to Tony and Ian on Scansor, Murdoch and Ian on Sundance, Kenny and John on Central Grooves!  I want to do them all (well maybe not so much Scansor...too hard for me)!
Me and Jez




Time to kill on a flat

Jez, Dave and I


No comments: