Saturday 4 January 2014

Work cancelled today so I went skiing

Looking very snowy on the North Face of Ben Nevis
 Unfortunately John was unable to make it out today, so after a failed attempt to find someone to climb with, I grabbed my ski's and skins and headed up to Aonach Mor.  I skinned over to Aonach Mor summit and then over to the col between Aonach Mor and Aonach Beag for lunch.  I could see ice forming on Aonach beag, things like Stand and Deliver were thin but looks like a good start.  Aonach Mor East face was plastered, large cornices hang over the tops and reports of huge avalanche debris on the coire below.  Climbers topped out of the West face reporting good conditions.  After this Back over to the pistes for as many runs as my legs would allow.  After an impressive fall I called it a day.
Spot the crown wall...released under its own weight


Plastered!!


Only me and this chap at the col

WE need a wee thaw and a good freeze and then conditions will be amazing!

No comments: