Friday 14 March 2014

North West HIghlights

An Teallach
A quick solo saw me on the tops whilst my clients chilled at camp
My North West highlands winter working season has came to an end yesterday as I finished off a Winter Mountaineering course for Moran Mountain, based from Lochcarron.  I'm pretty confident to say that we endured the finest weather seen this winter with 3.5 days of glorious sunshine.  Skills at Fuar Tholl were followed by a traverse of Beinn Eighe's Black Carls in strong sunlight which lead on to the highlight of the week, a two day expedition camping below An Teallach followed by an alpine style traverse of the pinnacles and the Munro's.  We donned our crampons at 4.40am and climbed Cockstone Gully with head torches which allowed us to witness sunrise across Scotland's clear skies.  A breath taking experience and one that will stay with me forever.  What followed can only be described as 'the best day at work I have ever done' and in the top two of my favourite mountaineering days in Scotland!


Sam and Katya ready for their torch lit climb

Near the top of Chockstone Gully

Sam leading Katya and I along the ridge


Looking back across the skyline we just climbed

On holiday and at work



No comments: